Friday, May 10, 2013

A Revelation: Power

A common thing that I see in Jubilee is abuse.  It comes in all shapes, sizes, and forms: neighbors verbally abusing each other, parents physically abusing their children, husbands beating their wives, and the list could go on for days.

After a recent event that I witnessed, I began thinking about why people chose to abuse others.  The simple answer is that it is a show of power.  As I thought about it more, I realized almost everyone wants power to some degree.  But why is that?  Why do so many people struggle to gain power in their careers or in the finances?

I feel that God revealed something to me as I thought about this idea of power.  The Lord said to me, "Humans want power because that is how I created them.  All people are created for relationship with me.  In that relationship, I give you the Holy Spirit which enables you to even more than Christ did while he was on Earth (John 14:12).  There is power in my Holy Spirit, and outside of relationship with me, there is a void that leaves you feeling powerless.  In an attempt to recreate the Holy Spirit's power, people try to find power using their own strength.  But, that never truly fills the void and only leads to more suffering.  True power can only be found through Me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...