Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day Full of Beautiful

Before school opened started, he came to us.  Face swollen and bruised.  Even on dark skin, visible bruises.  Scratches across his nose and on his eye.  Face so swollen that he could barely open his eye.  Beaten up the night before by another boy.  He had no words of anger.  He wasn't tattling.  He wasn't seeking for us to do anything other than listen to what had happened.  

Later that morning he sat, head down, writing in his notebook.  "May I read what you're writing?" I asked him.  He acted bashful but slid his notebook across the table to me.

"While I was playing tag, a boy came.  I told him no, I didn't want to play the game that he wanted.  He came back later and fought me.  I didn't agree with what he was doing.  I sat down and I didn't fight him back.  I prayed for God to bless people that hurt others.  I prayed for blessing on bad children.  I prayed for everyone that does bad things to people to be blessed."



----

As I walked into the school bathroom I saw a little face look up at me. "Katie, is this your money?" she asked.  Chedline opened her hand to reveal 50 goud (the equivalent of about $1.15 US).  I told her that it wasn't mine, but that we could take it to the office in case someone else was missing it.  She had found it on the bathroom floor.  Despite the fact that 50 goud might be more than her mama makes in a day, she chose to be honest and bring the money to me.  Turns out, the money had fallen out of Lala, our administrator's pocket.  Lala was so excited and amazed by Chedline's honesty, that she took Chedline's picture and framed it with the 50 goud and hung it on the wall of the office for all to see.



----


At after school "Bible Club" with Tia, Fresnel, and Pastor Sama, they spoke to the 3rd graders about the power that we have in Christ.  The Lord was moving in the meeting and Tia did a call to salvation.  Five third graders boldly and fearlessly came stood in the middle of the classroom in front of all their peers.  They knelt, hands raise to the Lord, tears running down their faces, and they gave their lives to the Lord.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...