Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back on Haitian Soil

Back on Haitian soil. Although the transition between the two countries never gets easier for me, when my feet hit the ground - it is well with my soul. 



Coming back to Haiti this year has an interesting twist. I had a travel partner this time! Laura (also from PA) has moved to Haiti to teach at the school. The timing worked out perfectly that I was in need of a roommate, so she moved in. Our first 36 hours back was spent cleaning, unpacking, and organizing our little apartment. 

I finally made it out to Jubilee last night and one by one my students came running to greet me as word spread that I was back. There is absolutely nothing, nothing, nothing in the world like a tiny child full of love running full speed at you and launching into your arms. Hearing Nikol, my favorite Haitian parent, tell me that her son had a calendar count down all summer for me to come back broke my heart a little.  The love in this place runs deep. 

God blessed me this summer with incredible new friends and precious time with old friends. I lived fully in PA and now I'm preparing my heart to live fully present in Haiti this year.  I'm trusting God in His leading, and I'm ready for the surprises He has in store for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...