Monday, January 28, 2013

My new wheels!

Since I moved to Gonaives, I have not had my own form of transportation.  I take motorcycle taxis, ride tap-taps, borrow my roommate's motorcycle, and walk.  It really hasn't been bad, but I did miss the freedom of being able to just go somewhere on my own.

Thanks to some incredibly generous people back home, I have been recently blessed financially.  I decided that I am going to buy a motorcycle of some sort in the near future, once I find the right one.  In the meantime, I went to a small area of the market where they sell bicycles.  The selection was not big but I found this little beauty and bought it.



I love being able to get around faster and easier, while getting exercise at the same time!




Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel...the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood."
~Susan B. Anthony,

1 comment:

  1. Nice bike! Hope you find a reliable motorcycle soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...