Thursday, May 26, 2011

growing like weeds

I often hate to think about all that I am missing while I'm here in the U.S.  I know that the kids are growing like weeds and changing every day.  Here are some things that Dorothy has told me about the kids since I left:

Rosa lost the first of her baby teeth and is having a hard time with me being away.  Recently, she made play-doh food for me, and she drew me a pretty pink picture (Dorothy scanned it and posted it on facebook for me to see).


Rosa and Claudine both got medals at school for doing so well!  I am so very proud of them.  Dorothy tells me that they were all smiles when they got home.  The school even gave them 50 goudes (around $1.25 USD)!  When I skyped them, they proudly held up their money to show me.


Tamara, our little two year old girl with OI, broke one of her arms.  It is hard to say how because it could have been from rolling over, being picked up, or even just playing on the floor.  Sonson has casts on both legs and doctors cut his Achilles tendons in hopes that it will help his clubbed feet.  That poor boy, has had lots of pain recently!


Chacha finished kindergarten and will be starting 1st grade in the fall at TLC Barefoot School.  My favorite update on him is a funny one (no surprise there).  Dorothy told me that she took the kids out for pizza and ice cream to celebrate Rosa's birthday.  While they were at Epi'dor, the restaurant, Chacha had to use the restroom.  Apparently he was afraid of the hand blow dryer so it took a little coaxing from Dorothy to get him to go in alone.  Dorothy said that as she waited for him, she realized the men in the bathroom must have taught Chacha how to use a urinal because she heard a flush and then a cheer of men's voices saying, "Bravo!!"


Rose Mitchel, our 1.5 year old malnourished no longer baby with AIDS, learned to walk, and she finally got some teeth!  I can't believe that I missed her first steps...but thank you Lord for this blessing and miracle of not just surviving but thriving!


Youvendjy has dealt with TB, severe malnutrition, sickle cell anemia, and two broken legs BUT GOD, reached out in love to this little boy of only three years old...and he is now not only walking for the first time, but running and learning how to climb a ladder! Praise God!


I am not in Haiti, but my heart is there.  The struggles and disappointments in Haiti are great.  The trials and tribulations are often, but at the end of the day God's amazing love always outshines the hardships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...