Friday, May 13, 2011

Tonight....

...I wish that I could close my eyes and be 1,500 miles away.  I wish that I was sweating while laying in a bed next to a single rattling oscillating fan (that may or may not have electricity all night long).  I wish that I was falling asleep trying to fall asleep to the sound of Haitian music and dozens of dogs barking tirelessly into the night.

I wish that tomorrow I could wake up bright and early to the hot tropical sunlight streaming into my window and roosters crowing nearby.  I wish that my day could be filled with countless "adventures" and the laughter of children.  I wish that tomorrow I could see Haitian children walking to school in their brightly colored uniforms.  I wish that tomorrow, I could hold the hands of my kids.

...but tonight, I am at home.  Then again, if "home is where the heart is," I don't know where I am.  Comfortable in my bed, yet uncomfortable with my life.  Unable to sleep because of the confusion in my head.  Fighting the tears that come from missing my kids.  Fighting the tears that come from knowing their struggles and being powerless to help them from so far away.  Hating this "limbo" that I'm in.  Wishing that I knew where I'm supposed to be.  Praying that I will know where I am supposed to go.  Not knowing which direction I should take.  Knowing that God's timing is always perfect but still impatiently waiting to hear God speak.  Missing Haiti...missing Haiti...missing Haiti.

Bondye, m' sonje Ayiti.  Mwen pa konnen kisa ou vle mwen fe.  M' pa konnen kote ou vle mwen ale pou ou.  Di m'.  Silvouple di m'.  M'ap fe anyen pou ou men ou bezwen pale.  Pale a mwen Jezi.  Kè mwen doulè pou Ayiti.  M' pa vle rete nan Etazini pou long tan.  Moun ki rete nan Ayiti bezwen lamou.  Yo bezwen we Ou.  Mwen bezwen montre yo.  Mwen sonje tout bagay twòp.  Mwen sonje tout moun twòp. Epi, mwen espesyalman sonje pitit mwen yo twòp.  Silvouple, Papa, pale a mwen.  M' vle ale kote ou vle mwen.  Montre mwen, Bondye.  M' panse mwen te kite kè mwen nan ayiti men m' selman vle ale si ou di "ale".  M' konnen m' bezwen tan.  Tande m' m' priyè.  Bondye m'ap tande.  Pale.  M'ap tande.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...