Thursday, August 23, 2012

PRAY!

For those of you reading this, please PRAY PRAY PRAY without ceasing for Hurricane Isaac to take an unpredicted turn away from Haiti!  As I've written many times, most homes in Haiti are unstable shacks that cannot withstand this type of weather.  In addition, thousands of people (including many of my students and dear friends) are still living in tents because of the 2010 earthquake.  In the past, thunderstorms have been deadly for people in tents...I don't even want to imagine what damage a hurricane would do.

I talked to Nickson on the phone today and he said that it is clear and sunny today.  But, it looks like sometime tomorrow the storm should hit.  I am scheduled to fly into Haiti on Saturday afternoon.  I am praying I can get there.  I already tried to change my flight to get there earlier but no flights were available for today.  Please join me and pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...