Saturday, August 17, 2013

Letter to My Loved Ones

Dear friends and family,

I'm writing this letter express to you how angry I am at all of you.  How dare you make my transitions from the US back to Haiti so difficult?!  You just can't resist being so darn kind and loving.  I go off to Haiti for months at a time and whenever I come back, you just keep welcoming me with open arms as if I never left.

You make me laugh until my stomach hurts.  You give me advice.  You listen to my crazy stories and emotional rants.  You are generous and kind.  You make me smile all summer long.  You invite me into your homes and treat me like family.  You let me crash on your couches, floors, basements, or wherever you have space.

Do you have any idea how much all those things hurt me when it is time to leave??  After three years of living in Haiti, I would have hoped that by now I could come and go easily, but you just won't let that happen!  Each and every goodbye hurts in a place deep inside of me, and it is all your fault.  You make me feel so loved and blessed that it physically pains me when its time for me to return to Haiti.  How dare you do that to me!  I will miss you all more than you know, even if I am mad at you ;)

Love,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...