Sunday, August 11, 2013

Almost time!

Hello friends!  It has been quite some time since I've found myself writing a blog update.  To those of you who frequently read my posts, I apologize!

This summer has been a crazy whirlwind for me.  I arrived in the US at the end of June, and I'm already packing up to return to Haiti.  I have been living with my very dear generous friends for the past 8 weeks.  I've been spending my days working with kids at a therapeutic day camp and my evenings with friends and family.  Some of the highlights from my summer were quality time with my family,


spending time with my best friend, her husband, and their daughter,


running a 5K Color run,


boating with friends on the river,



seeing a Phillies game,



and uncontrollable laughter with good friends friends.



This week is my last week in PA so I will be trying to enjoy every last second with my loved ones.  One thing that Haiti does is make me appreciate everything about beautiful Pennsylvania and my little hometown.  I will certainly miss it more than words can say!

Next Tuesday, I will travel to Nebraska to spend a week visiting friends, including the principal of my school in Haiti.  On August 27th, she and I will fly back to Haiti together to begin the new school year!  Prayers are welcome as I'm not sure if I'm ready to take on the new school year yet!

I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my summer has come and gone so quickly.  There just never seems to be enough time.  There are still a number of friends and family that I wish I had time to see before I leave.  If I did not get to see you during my time in the states, please know that you are loved!

If you are interested in supporting me financially, please click here  or email me for more information!  I'm flying back to Haiti with a one way ticket and only 20% of the money that I will need for the year.  I'm doing my best to remain faithful and trust in the Lord to provide!

More updates are soon to come!  I pray that you are all well and had a wonderful blessed summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...