Sunday, September 14, 2014

New School Year!

I landed back in Haiti just 12 short days before the start of the new school year.  It is always a pure joy, and at the same time a shock to be back on Haitian soil.  The three hour ride from the airport to Gonaives (in the back of the truck) is always a good time to wrap my head around the fact that I seemed to have jumped from one world to another in a matter of hours.



When my friend, Tia, and I arrived at our apartment, our neighbor boys and several students appeared at our doorstep within minutes to greet us.  Its a beautiful thing to have loved ones excited to see us.



The past two weeks are a blur of unpacking, cleaning, setting up my classroom, and adjusting back to the Haitian pace of life.



The heat during this time of year makes it difficult to get things done, but we couldn't let that stop us at school because we simply had way too much to do!  Two weeks ago when I walked into my classroom, this was how it looked…





Many moto trips to and from the school taking supplies to our classrooms…



After lots of hours of hard work this was the result!








The first day of school was a blast!



This year, I only have six students.  I know...crazy.  I almost don't know what to do with myself in class because it is so much calmer and easier than what I am used to.  So, with my extra time I have been helping other teachers and helping in the preschool room.




I am very excited about what this school year will hold for the students and for me.  Praying for God's presence to be in all that we do at school this year.  


1 comment:

  1. Love what you are doing and how God is using you. With only 6 kids in your class, you can give more individual time to these kids and bless the rest of the school. What a blessing you are. Have a great year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...