Friday, March 2, 2012

Absent Blogger

I feel as if I've been an absent blogger for the past couple weeks.  I'm sure you can all understand that life gets in the way.  Sometimes, even when I have the time to sit down and blog, I just simply don't know what to write.  It's not that I don't have things to say.  It's not that I don't have wonderful (and difficult) things going on in my life.  Mostly, it is that I don't know how to put my life or my experiences into words.

You see, everyday is full of laughter and accomplishments.  I am constantly surprised and amazed with my students' progress.  However, its too complicated to explain every little detail about each student.  It's too complicated to explain their struggles, their personality traits, and their learning ability.  So, for me to just tell you, "Oh, today Patrick was able to sit quietly and listen to the entire story today without getting distracted!  It was amazing!  I'm so excited!"  It would not mean much unless you are in my class everyday with me seeing how difficult it is for Patrick to stay focused.

For me to try and write to you about how I was moved to tears hearing the teenaged girls in our youth group worshiping God would not do it justice.  I am not an eloquent enough writer to put you in my shoes and have you see things through my eyes.  Everyday, I have millions of emotions on all ends of the spectrum.  Everyday, I have failures and accomplishments.  The problem is, you all aren't here with me to experience it first hand.  Sometimes I would rather not share the stories at all than to unsuccessfully try and explain them.  So, when I'm an absent blogger, its not that I have nothing worthwhile to say.  Most likely, I'm busy living life or I'm starring at my computer screen unable to put my life into words.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading whatever you write Kate.
    God had blessed you to be a blessing.

    Love, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...