Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pen Pals!

Like me, one of my college roommates is also a kindergarten teacher.  However, she is teaching in the United States.  She contacted me about a month ago and asked if my class could be pen pals with her class.  Excited about the idea, I agreed.

Just this week, we received our first letters from her kindergarteners.  They also sent photos of their class playing in the snow.  My students were VERY excited to see the pictures and read the letters.  I hung the pictures on the wall in the classroom.  Yesterday at the end of the day, I caught two of my little boys kissing the picture and saying, "Wow, that little girl is pretty!" Haaaaaa, they sure keep me laughing!

Kattiana and I helped each of my students to write a response and draw a picture along with their letter.  When they were finished, I read each of the letter's that they wrote out loud for the class.  The kids were SO proud of their hard work, and they are very excited for me to send the letters to the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...