Thursday, June 20, 2013

We did it!

It is official folks, my students and I have survived the year!!  Today was my last day with my students.  Only one teacher inservice day stands between me and my flight back to the states on Saturday.  I'm very proud of my students and all the progress that they made this year.  They amaze me on a daily basis.  I am looking forward to the fall when I get to come back and start a new school year with them!

I feel as if I should have some great revelation about the end of the year to share with you all, but I don't.  I thought maybe something was wrong with me.  Why am I not sad or joyful or any other emotions about the end of the school year?  Then I realized something.  I am exhausted.  I don't think I have it in me to be overly emotional about the year right now.  Right now, I can just be.

I'm glad that I am exhausted.  I'm glad that I can look back on the year and feel that I've poured myself out completely.  I've given all that I can muster up.  It has not been an easy year by any means.  It has been beautiful and wonderful, but it has not been easy.  While talking to my friend/school administrator after school I expressed to her how fast this year has flown by.  She responded by saying, "I've thought about that before.  Have you ever noticed that when you watch movies that are really intense with lots of battle scenes, the movie seems to go really fast?  I think that is what its like working here.  We face so many battles every day that time just seems to fly by."

I'm anxious and excited to return to the states to see all of you, my loved ones.  The Lord has really blessed me and provided me with a summer job to try and earn money so that I can return to Haiti in August.  However, I have one very large prayer request.  Please pray for me to be able to find time of rest and recuperation.  I will be traveling all day Saturday and then Monday morning will start my summer job at a day camp.  It is going to be a big transition to make in only one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...