Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Philippians 4:19

Today, for a brief time I let doubt creep into my mind.  The thought of going to Haiti for an entire year scares me, I will admit.  Mostly, it is the fear that I will not have what I need.  Since I will not be getting paid to teach, I worry about running out of money or not having stores to go to if I need something.  I worry about being homesick, and missing my friends and family.

I have conflicting thoughts.  While I know in my heart that God has called me to Haiti and has promised to take care of me, my mind tells me otherwise.  Satan sneaks in at my weakest moments and whispers lies.

Today when I read my daily devotional, the verse for the day reminded me of God's promises to me:

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 (NIV)
 Ok, God.  I got the hint. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...