Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dinner Date


Now that I am no longer living at Dorothy's with the kids, I want to make sure that I still keep visit regularly and spend time with the kids. I love them dearly, and I want them to know that even though I am living somewhere else, I still care for them and I am still here for them.

I have been so busy since I moved into my new place at the school, that I have not had much free time. But, I decided today that I needed to spend time with “my girls”. So, I walked over to Dorothy's house to borrow the older girls for a few hours.

I brought Claudine, Gertie, and Rosa over to see my apartment for the first time. As you can imagine, they were more than excited to see it. They were running from place to place (not that my apartment is all that big) and looking at EVERYTHING. They were singing, dancing, and having so much fun just because of the fact that they were somewhere other than home.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



Less than five minutes after arriving they were asking me if they could sleep over. I plan to have them over individually for sleepovers, but I had not planned on it for that night. Instead, we baked brownies and had noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner. I think the highlight for me was seeing them get so excited just to eat at the table. At Dorothy's all the children eat sitting on the ground outside. So, it was a very special occasion for the girls. I heard Rosa say in Creole, “Wow! These plates can break!” I'm sure it was the first time that they have eaten off of plates made of something other than plastic.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


The girls were quite interested in the boys next door at the boys' orphanage. They crowded at the door in my bedroom yelling over to the boys. Claudine kept calling them Chacha, Mich, Lovensky, Frantzo, etc. I don't know if she actually thought it was them or if she was just confused.

Photobucket

After dinner, we all settled in on my couch to watch a movie on my computer. Before heading back to Dorothy's, we all enjoyed fresh warm brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...