Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Classroom Mural

Photobucket


As most of you already know, last week my family was here.  Both my mom and dad had been here once before, but for my sister, my Aunt Kathy, and my cousin Kara, it was their first time to Haiti.  For most people that come to Haiti, it is a very heart-wrenching and emotional experience.  Even after living here for a while, at times it is very emotional and difficult for me, too.

Not only was it my Aunt's first time to Haiti, it was her first time on a plane, her first time leaving the country, and her first time leaving her husband for that long.  Talk about a leap of faith!  For my cousin, she had to leave her husband and her business.  She had never been to a country as poor as Haiti, and she had no idea what to expect.  I know that the Holy Spirit has really been moving in my cousin and my aunt's hearts, and I am so amazed by their faith.

That is what makes my classroom mural even more special to me.  It was created out of so much love for others.  It was created out of a selfless act of faith.  Yes, it might just be paint on a cement wall to some people, but each time I look at it I am reminded of the sacrifice that was made to paint the mural.  And when school starts, I am going to be able to tell my students about the two amazing women that came all the way from the United States just to paint it for them.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket




2 comments:

  1. Would you ever consider doing something like your mural for anyone else? Looking for an artist to make one bedroom at our house more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I'm not the artist...my cousin and aunt painted it for me while they were here visiting for a week. But, if they ever come visit again I'm sure they would love to help out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...