Sunday, August 7, 2011

Quick Update

This is the first time that I have had the opportunity to get on the internet since we arrived in PAP. As always, things have been a whirlwind of activity since our plane touched down.  This is a very un-imaginative update...I just wanted to make sure I posted something.  I've been too busy to take much time to blog.  No worries, once my family is gone I will post some better updates with pics, etc.

Friday:

We left our town at 3:30 AM to head to the airport in Neward, NJ. Things went smoothly at the airport and our plane took off at 9:15 AM. Besides some turbulence and a bumpy landing, it was a great flight. Some things never change, and the airport in Port was just as crazy as always (if not worse). We collected all of our bags after a little pushing and shoving, and headed outside to meet Dorothy and Samuel. It was great to see both of them again. We loaded up all of our luggage, and headed “home” to Dorothy's house.

As soon as we got to Dorothy's the kids went crazy. We were all holding at least one child if not two. We spent the rest of Friday playing with the kids until we crashed in bed around 7PM (we had been awake for 36 hours).

Saturday:

We all woke up around 6:15 AM on Saturday. We began our morning by holding babies and playing with the kids. Then, we enjoyed a lovely Haitian breakfast (or should I say Dad and I enjoyed it...there was an awful lot of stirring around going on by the rest of the family). After breakfast I drove us to the gas station to pick up more diesel fuel for the generator. At 9:30 AM, we went to TLC Barefoot School (also know as my new place of employment). We met Mr. Nickson there (the principle) to show us around and give me the keys to my APARTMENT! The school is wonderful, and I absolutely LOVE my classroom. I didn't take pictures so you will have to wait...sorry!

The apartment is nicer that I could have ever hoped for! It is freshly painted, clean, and the perfect size for me. In fact, there is even a water chlorination/filtration system hooked up so that I can actually drink water RIGHT FROM THE SINK!!!!! I AM GOING TO BE SOOOO SPOILED!

After leaving the apartment, we drove to Epi'dor (a restaurant) for lunch. Then, we went to the grocery store in Petionville to stock up on food for dinner. Once we were finished shopping, we came back to the house to spend time with the kids and babies. Then, we drove back over to my apartment to unpack my things. The breeze blowing through my apartment was so heavenly that none of us wanted to leave! When we finally got back to Dorothy's, the power was out so we decided to go up to the roof to relax. The power came back on sometime around 10 PM...perfect timing for the fans to come on to help everyone fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...