Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 2...So wonderful!

Hey guys! I had such a great day today! First thing in the morning Mich asked me, "Are we going to have lots of fun today?" That is exactly what we did! We colored with crayons before breakfast. After breakfast, Dorothy, Miss Audette,Jesula, Elizianne and I rode into the TB clinic again with 3 of the kids along. Yesterday they gave us the wrong TB medicine for Youvenjy, so there was a little problem at the clinic. It was eventually all straightened out and we got what we needed. While the nannies were trying to get the medicine at the clinic, Dorothy, Miss Audette (the nurse) and I took three boys to be enrolled in a school for children with disabilities. We were able to enroll MacKenzie, Sonson, and Franzo. We were also able to take all three boys for a special treat afterward...ICE CREAM!

Once we were back at the house, I did all kinds of fun things with the older kids. We colored with crayons, blew bubbles outside, and played with play-doh. It was so great! I got to know them all a little better, and they helped me learn tons of words in Creole. I am in love with these kids already and its only been 2 full days here!

After dinner, 7 of the kids piled onto my twin sized bed to watch a movie on my computer. I have a netbook, so its a really small screen...needless to say, we were pretty cozy. They are all so sweet with each other trying to see the screen. Only Chacha was getting frustrated that he couldn't see very well, haha. He is quite the character. Earlier in the day he threw a rock at a bird's nest in the tree outside Dorothy's bedroom window. She saw the whole thing happen, and he knew he was in trouble. He ran and hid somewhere and it took us about 20 minutes to find him...the little stinker.

I'm so thankful to God for this wonderful day of blessings. He is so good, and I see Him in all the kids here...they are so full of love!

 Left to right: Frantzo, Mackenzie, and Sonson on our way to get them enrolled into school

Mackenzie enjoying his krem (ice cream).  It was such a nice treat!

Rosa in pink and Claudine without a shirt playing with play-doh on the porch.  Both are orphans.  Rosa has HIV.

Dyana displaying what she made with Play-doh: "I love you Katie".  She is the daughter of one of the nannies here.  She is 12 years old and such a sweetheart.  She has been helping me so much to learn Creole!  Michelor aka Mich is sitting in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...