Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I'm in Haiti!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to try and write a quick post. I apologize if doesn't make sense...I'm pretty tired. I am safe and sound at Dorothy's house in Port au Prince. The airport in Haiti was insane and basically a free for all, but I made it! It was raining when I got off the plane. Now it is just overcast and feels pretty nice. On the way home from the airport we stopped at a grocery store. While we were shopping, the power in the store went out...welcome to Haiti, ha! I was amazed at Dorothy's driving skills. It will take some getting used to the crazy driving here. When we got back to Dorothy's, I carried in my bags while she put the groceries away. The rest of the day/night is basically a blur of kids jumping all over me, haha. Richardson (6yrs old) was shy for about ten minutes, but that didn't last long...he has kissed me about 40 times tonight, ha! I am so exhausted that I just feel like I'm in a trance right now, so I can't wait to wake up refreshed and ready to go tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. We love you, Skate. Praying for restful nights sleep for you to awake refreshed for tomorrow. We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...