Monday, September 20, 2010

TOMORROW!

Well, it is the day before I leave...FINALLY! It's so hard to believe that it's almost here! This past week has been a little difficult for me. My parents were away on vacation, so I was home alone for 10 days. I had hopes of using that time to visit with friends, finish packing, practice Creole, and plan some activities/lessons. But exactly one week before departure time, I was hit with a bout of vertigo. Anyone who has had this before will understand how awful it can be. I was so dizzy, that if I even so much as moved my head the room seemed to spin around me, and it made me very nauseous. At one point my balance was so thrown off that I even had difficulty standing and walking to the bathroom. So, I spent the majority of my week laying on my back trying not to move my head.

Although vertigo runs in my family, I have only struggled with it on one other occasion several years ago. I haven't been sick once in the past year. I don't think it's coincidence that this happened exactly one week before I leave for Haiti. I wholeheartedly believe that Satan was attacking me, however, I find it funny that he thinks I would be shaken so easily. Apparently he underestimated how much I trust and love my God. Yes, I felt sick, frustrated, and worried at times, but I'm getting on that plane regardless of how I feel because God told me to go. Despite Satan's attacks throughout this week, I have actually felt quite encouraged. The way I look at it, if Satan is attacking me, then I must be a threat. If I'm a threat to Satan, then I'm on the right track! The Lord has BIG plans for Haiti, and NOTHING can get in the way of that. So, bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...