Monday, September 6, 2010

Two weeks until I leave!

It is two weeks before I leave for Haiti, and several people have recently asked if I would update my blog. I have been busy organizing and packing all the school supplies. So far, I have packed three large suitcases. The heaviest weighs in at around 95 pounds! I have not packed my clothes or personal things yet, so those will all have to fit into my carry-on bag. Thank goodness I don't need too many clothes since it is going to be so hot there. Now that most of my things are packed, I plan to spend the next two weeks doing some lesson planning, getting any last minute things that I need, and practicing Creole (which I have been slacking on lately).


Many people have asked me if I am scared. To be completely honest, I'm not scared at all. I know that God has called me to Haiti and He will be with me every step of the way, so I really have no reason to be scared. Hopefully I can continue to have this fearless attitude as the trip gets closer!

Some thoughts:

I'm not going to Haiti with the expectation of changing a nation or being some kind of hero. I just want to put faith into action and do what the Bible calls all Christians to do: spread love and share the Gospel. With that in mind, I know that while I am in Haiti I will be blessed more than I will be a blessing. I will learn more than I will teach. I will receive more than I give. I will be loved more than I could ever love. With my own strength, I will not be able to do anything, but He will move mountains. I will have moments when I doubt and lose hope, but He will persevere.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate,

    Checking in. I called yesterday and left a message. Just wondering how you're doing. If there's any way I can help, please let me know. Also, I don't have your email, so if you'll send it to me, that would be great, and I won't post all this on your blog.
    :-)Ang

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...