Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm Home!! (at my other home that is)

I arrived home last night around 12:30 AM.  I had been exhausted and feel asleep for the car ride home from NYC, but I got my second wind once I got into our house.  My initial reactions upon arriving to the states:

1. It is FREEZING here!  It was 85 degrees when I left Port au Prince in a skirt and T-shirt and 23 degrees when I landed at JFK.
2.New York City had more lights than I have seen in the past three months.  It looked like a giant Christmas tree from the plane.
3. Dad complained about the traffic in NYC, but I hadn't even noticed because I'm so used to sitting in traffic all the time now.
4. I felt like we were going SO FAST when we were driving on the highway to get home.
5. Our cat is like three times fatter than when I left in September.
6. It's entirely too quiet here.  Seriously, can I borrow someone's children please???
7. Our Christmas tree is awesome this year (thank you, mom!).  She dedicated it to my Haitian kids.  She strung it with popcorn because that is their favorite snack.  She hand painted ornaments and then put a picture of each of the kids on the ornaments!  There are even ornaments for Kez, Dorothy, Stripey and Nala (two of our dogs).  She is going to make one for Jake, hehe.
8. I REALLY miss Haiti.  My heart is definitely still there.  Within 8 hours after I left, Dorothy had already taken in another set of twins.  They weigh only 3 pounds each!  That means there are now FOUR sets of twins and a total of 38 children at our house!  She emailed me and said that my puppy chewed up her phone charger.  She let him sleep in her bed with her because he was crying so much last night.  I'm glad to hear all is well at my other home.
9. I SEE SNOW FLURRIES!!
10. I just took my first hot shower in three months...IT WAS AMAZING!!!

Our Haiti Christmas tree

Mom made Chacha the whale because "He sure knows how to tell a whale of a tale!" hahaha!

Johnny

Mich and Chacha


And of course, Mama Dorothy!
PS...The internet is SO fast here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...