Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Love

Love...I've been trying to figure it out for a long time. I know that love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy or boast, and it is not proud. It is not rude, self-seeking, or easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

But, what does that look like in everyday life? What does that look like to my kids in Haiti? I strive to have a Christ like love, and I learn how to love more each day.

With my Haitian kids, love looks a lot like hugs, kisses, trust, giggling, band-aids, snuggling, being patient, wiping away tears, simple acts of kindness, dancing, whispered "I love you's", tickling, growth, joy, brownies, healing, singing, water fights, acceptance, teaching, promises, bonbon's, discipline, outstretched arms, games, strength, smiles, lessons learned, forgiveness, sharing, and humility.

I learn a lot about love from my kids.

Rosa and I

Some of the nannies and I.  L to R: Leonne, Jesula, me, and Rose


Guerdline and me

Frances and me

The "flower" that Mich and Chacha gave me

They proceeded to "accidentally" chop the top of it off in my ceiling fan

Tamara and me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...