Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting into the holiday spirit!

Being from Pennsylvania, it is very difficult for me to believe that it is December already and Christmas is just around the corner.  It feels like summertime to me!  This season provides new opportunities for learning and crafts with the children.  So, today I decided to get into the "holiday spirit".  In the afternoon, Mich, Chacha, and I worked on cutting strips of paper to make a paper chain later.  I drew lines on construction paper for them to cut along.  It was so interesting to watch Mich improving with his cutting over time.  He has definitely missed out on developing his fine motor skills during his childhood.  He loved all my praise and was beaming!

After dinner, Claudine and Rosa joined us.  I played Christmas music as I taught them how to use glue sticks and the strips of paper to make a chain.  They seemed to really enjoy it.  Naturally, Mich and Chacha started competing for who could make the longest chain.  Boys will be boys!

I love listening to the kids sing along to American songs.  They come up with the most creative variations of lyrics.  They especially liked Barbra Streisand's "Jingle Bells", ha!  Our kids LOVE to sing and dance.

When they got tired of making paper chains, we went inside to do a little decorating.  I hung the chains above some of our doorways.  Rosa complimented, "Li bel, Miss Katie!"  Which means, "It's pretty, Miss Katie."  Not surprisingly, Claudine immediately said, "Li led!" with a grin on her face.  Which means, "It's ugly!"  Claudine absolutely loves to be as difficult as possible.  She has such a mischievous twinkle in her eyes at all times!  Sometimes I swear she goes around just looking for ways to make trouble.  Dorothy and I often joke that we hope the rapture happens before Claudine turns 13 years old, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...