Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Motocycle Gang

On Sunday, a few of us were in the mood for exploring.  We decided to take a moto drive.  After Beaver gave Josh the "Take care of my wife and daughter as if they were your sister and mother" talk, we hit the open road.


There were six of us on four motos.  I was on my green machine...the "Kayak".


Josh and Becca matched their moto.


Phil and Ang rode together on their recently fixed moto.


...and Mama Kathy beautiful as always on her lovely yellow moto.


Because school consumes almost all of my time, I rarely leave the city limits.   For me personally, it was so freeing to just get on my moto, drive, and take in the beautiful view.


Over mountains...


 and through streams...


past lush green foliage.



We stopped for Cokes along the way.  We also had to drive through a huge Rara band that was so large it shook the entire bridge that we were driving over (comforting).


Driving along a Haitian road on my moto with a smile on my face, I thought to myself, "My life is awesome."  Many days are difficult and frustrating.  I certainly face challenges and often want to give up.  It may not be the life that most people expect a young girl to have.  But, my goodness I just have to say that life is good!



Photos courtesy of Angela and Phil Moesker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...