Sunday, November 14, 2010

Babies, babies, and more babies

In the morning, Dorothy was exhausted because she took the twins all night and they were fussy for most of the night. We called a sub to take over my Sunday school class, as there was too much going on at home to make it to church today. Dorothy prepared all the meds in the morning. It is a big job and can take a couple hours. While she did that, I worked on washing the mountain of dishes and syringes from the night before. Just as I thought I was almost finished, they finished breakfast and the mountain reappeared. 33 children make a LOT of dirty dishes. Mom fed and changed the twins and Jude and then helped me put dishes away.

Then, we spent the rest of the morning taking care of the twins and hanging out with the kids. At 12:30, I had to drive mom to the airport. I have driven here quite a few times already, but usually to places close to our house where there is not as much traffic. I was thankful that it is Sunday and the traffic was not as heavy. I never thought that I'd be braving the insane roads and traffic here, but its not so bad. I have a feeling I won't know what to do when I get home and have stop signs, road street lights, smooth roads, and normal traffic.

I was sad to see mom leave. I had a great time with her and she was a HUGE help around the house. I know that the kids are going to miss her, too. As soon as I got home from the airport, Chacha was tattling on Claudine and Johnny for going into my bedroom and eating my chapstick, Mich was holding one of the twins because she was crying, and both twins were hungry and had dirty diapers. It never stops around here, haha!

Dorothy took a long (much needed) nap for most of the afternoon. So, I was on baby duty. In the evening, we each took a baby. We decided to split them up tonight and share the work load. So, I've got Frances (the bigger tiny baby) in my room and Dorothy has Francesca in her room. As I write this, Frances is sound asleep on my chest. Also, I just watched a plump mouse scurry across the room three times. Better a fat mouse than the giant spider mom found outside my bedroom window a couple of days ago.....


According to my mom, "the spiders here could pick me up, throw me upside down, and bite me right on the neck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...