Friday, March 4, 2011

Funny Kids

The kids constantly keep me laughing, and I wish I could share every silly moment with all of you.  Hearing/seeing it in person is just so much better.  Here are a few of their latest sayings/antics:

  • When playing with our toy food Chacha said, "Miss Katie, do you want some french skies?"
  • While the kids were watching a movie on my computer, I told them not to touch the screen.  In response, Claudine asked, "Miss Katie, if we touch the screen will we get cholera?!"
  • Lately, Richardson has been obsessed with the idea of snow.  He has asked everyone in my family and my best friend Deana to bring him some snow.  After finding some small plastic lampshades in my room (spares from my lamp) he asked, "What are these for?  Are they for snow?"  When I told him that we are going to have another visitor come stay with us for a week, he asked, "Is she going to bring me some snow to eat?"
  • Yesterday, I was attempting to clean the small window in my bathroom.  It happens to be inside my shower.  If you know me, you know that I am not very tall.  So I was on tippy-toe trying to reach the window.  Because my shower does not drain well, there was a little puddle of water still in the shower.  I ended up slipping in the water, losing my balance, and then falling backwards out of the shower and onto the floor.  Yes, it was both embarrassing AND painful.  Of course, Chacha was right there to witness the entire thing.  He continued to laugh about it for at least ten minutes and repeatedly say, "Nice try!  Nice try, Miss Katie."  Then, later in the day when Mich got home from school.  I overheard Chacha explaining (in Creole) had happened to me.  Then I heard him say, "I told her "nice try"!"  For some reason, they think that is the funniest saying and they both had a good long laugh about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...