Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cholera

I find it humorous listening to my kids at lunch time.  They say things that I would NEVER hear kindergarteners in the U.S. say.  For example, "Miss Katie, get that fly off your rice!  It will give you cholera!"  or "Youloveto, don't put your cookie on the bare table because you might get cholera!" and my favorite line was from Makarios.  He smelled his orange juice at lunch and said, "Oh!  My juice smells like cholera!"  I assure you, it smelled like regular orange juice.  Madame Jaqueline, the school cook, was a little offended when she heard him say that, ha!

I'm sure very few kindergarteners in the states have even heard of cholera before.  Yes, my students are great at making sure to avoid spreading cholera.  However, that doesn't keep them from picking their noses, forgetting to cover their mouthes when they cough, or sticking their fingers in their mouthes.  I guess I need to teach them more about germs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...