Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kindergarten Update

Things have been wonderful in my classroom.  After coming back from the states in October, I started back to school with a new outlook.  I lowered my expectations a little bit and my students rose to meet those expectation.  I am less concerned about everything flowing "perfectly" and everything being 100% organized at all times.  Now don't get me wrong, I still expect the students to learn, obey my rules, participate, and do their best.  However, I realized that making sure the kids are having fun and loving school each day is just as important as making sure they get all their work done.

Since the students and I both made changes, we have been a much happier classroom.  I don't put as much stress on myself for everything to be perfect.  I give the kids a little more wiggle room with their behavior.  I've been tweaking my behavior management plan, and it has been more effective for a lot of the kids.  In general, there has just been more joy in everything that we do in the classroom.  This year has been as much of a learning experience for me as it has been for my students.

I still get frustrated sometimes, and I still end all of my days completely exhausted of all energy, but I'm thankful that my students and I have fun together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...