Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dust City

I've decided that during dry season, Port-au-Prince should be temporarily named "Dust City".  The funny thing is that PAP is always very dusty.  But, it only gets worse during dry season.  I've especially noticed it because of the location of my classroom.

As I've mentioned before, my classroom is kind of "outdoors".  Basically, it is on a porch.  On the opposite side of the wall is a dirt road.  My lungs have been taking a beating.  Yesterday it was breezy and each time a car would drive by, a visible cloud of dust would blow into my classroom.  My students and I were coughing all day long.  Keeping things clean in my classroom is virtually impossible.  I've realized that the dust is an unstoppable force....I just hope my lungs survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...