Saturday, February 4, 2012

DIY Wall Hanging

I realize that this blog is not about DIY or decor, but I wanted to share this craft that I did anyway.  Recently, I have been enjoying personalizing my apartment and decorating.  For obvious reasons I don't want to spend much money on home decor.  So, as soon as I found this DIY idea online, I was excited to try it.

I made my own wall hanging using paint swatches (the free kind from hardware stores).  Yes, I admit that I felt a little awkward taking more paint swatches from Lowe's than any normal human being should ever need to take.  But, it was totally worth it in the end because I love the end product.

Materials Needed: Picture/poster frame, double sided tape, paint swatches, scissors, lettering
Total Cost: $4.99 for the picture frame

Step 1: Choose your paint swatches and cut them apart


Step 2: Lay out the design that you want use


Step 3: Using double sided tape, attach the squares to the paper


Step 4: Choose a phrase or words that you would like to put over top and tape them over the paint chips

Annnnnd the final product.....
(not perfect, but better than a plain white wall above my bed)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...