Saturday, February 25, 2012

Playground Mishap

Every Friday I take my kindergarteners to our church so that they can play on the playground.  As soon as we get close the the playground, the kids race to get to the swings because it is their favorite.

Not 30 seconds after arriving, I looked over and saw what looked like water spraying.  For a second I thought to myself, "Hmm, that's strange.  What is that?"  And then I looked again and realized.....

Clavens was standing in front of his swing peeing on the ground....right in front of all the kids.  Now, if that had been in the states, the other children would surely be starring, laughing, or yelling "Miiiiiss Katie!!!!"  But, here in Haiti urinating in public is completely normal and acceptable since there are not public bathrooms.

Miss Kattiana and I were on the other side of the playground both trying very hard to keep ourselves from laughing.  While I was mortified that he just did that on the church playground (I hope no one from church is reading this!), it was also very funny.  I called Clavens over, gave him and stern talking to, and gave him a time out.  I had to keep myself from looking at Kattiana while I was talking to him because I knew if we made eye contact I would start laughing.

Oh, kindergarteners!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...