Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Testimony: A Healed Back

Recently, we held a meeting with all the TLC graduates and their parents.  After the meeting, Sadrac's father asked me for some medicine for pain.  He explained that he hurt his back.  When I saw him try to stand up, I realized that he was in A LOT of pain.

He could barely stand up, and when he tried to walk he had to hunch over and shuffle along.  I gave him several Advil and some extra to take home with him for later.  Just as he was about to leave, I realized how crazy it would be for me to let go without praying for him.  So, I asked him if it was alright.  Then, Mr. Nickson, a few other parents, Sadrac, and I laid hands on his back.

After we prayed, they left.  Later that day, I was walking in the neighborhood and I saw Sadrac's father slowly making his way down the road with a make-shift cane.  I could tell he was still in a great deal of pain, but I still had hope that it would get better.

Five days later, I saw Sadrac at youth group.  I immediately asked him how his papa was doing.  He responded, "Oh, he's fine."  I said, "What do you mean?  He's fine as in...healed?"  Sadrac calmly said, "Yeah, he went back to work a couple days ago and his back is all better."  Needless to say, I was SO excited!  Bondye bon!  God is good!


Let all that I am praise the LORD;      
with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.  
Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget all the good things he does for me.  He                         f o r g i v e s   all my sins and heals all my diseases.  He redeems me from death and crowns me with 
       l o v e   and tender mercies.  He fills my life with good things.
-Psalm 103:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...