Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Back!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am safely back in Haiti. I left my house at 2:30 AM and my flight was late taking off so it has been a very long day. The airport here in Haiti was even more insane than normal. There were so many people that they were out of carts for your luggage. At the airport here, your luggage does not neatly spin around on a carousel. It goes around the tiny carousel once and then its thrown onto the ground in a massive heap making it impossible to move without literally climbing over other piles of luggage. I was alone trying to find my two 50 pound suitcases while carrying my guitar and a backpack. It was interesting. I finally got so sick of the chaos that I just climbed up on top of the carousel and then over all the bags to find my bags. Let me tell you, it was fun trying to carry 100 pounds of luggage and a guitar all by myself! But, I made it! (once I made it to the exit I had two men more than willing to take all my bags for me and I was more than willing to let them!)

Thankfully, Nickson and Samuel helped me bring all my bags into the apartment. It is so good to be back. Nickson's reaction basically sums up my feelings. When he saw me he gave me a big hug and said, "You are home."

Since I have no food in my house, I am heading over to Dorothy's for dinner. I just wanted to post this quick update to let all of you know that I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...