Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kindergarten Happenings

Things have been very busy in my kindergarten class, as I'm sure you can imagine.  I taught on Thursday and Friday of last week, and now I am definitely back in the swing of things.

Because of parent teacher conferences, we got a little behind in our lessons.  So, I have been working hard to get everything back on track.  This Friday we have off school for the Battle of Vertieres, and next week we have off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving. So, I am trying to be very deliberate in my planning so that my class does not get too 
behind.  There is a lot of learning to fit into 169 school days!


This week, my students are learning the letter P.  Our curriculum uses the animal "peacock" to teach letter P.  The kids were beyond excited to make their own peacocks today.  We had a blast, and I noticed many of the older students admiring our peacocks whenever they passed by our classroom.


Unfortunately, I was too busy helping the kids (and too covered in glue and glitter) to get a picture of the kids working on their peacocks, but you can see the finished products...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...