Thursday, November 17, 2011

Happy Students

Today, I took my kindergarteners to Quisqueya Chapel to have recess on the playground.  We usually do this once a week, and the kids look forward to it all week long.  During our walk back to the school, we passed by a parked police truck with four officers sitting inside.

As we were approaching the police truck, I overheard a couple of the girls saying, "I'm not afraid of police!"  When we passed the truck, the officers smiled at the students and my kids did not miss a beat.  They happily smiled back at the police officers and said in English, "Good morning!!!  How are you?  I'm fine.  Thank you, and you?"  Now, please understand they didn't wait for a response from the officers.  They just said all of that in one long phrase.  Both the police officers and I got a good laugh out of it.  It was adorable and the kids were so proud of their English!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...