Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Accomplishment!

I am excited at the progress of my kindergarteners' English.  They now understand my English for the routine things that we do in the classroom.  Whenever I explain a worksheet, I always explain in English first and then clarify the instructions again in Creole to make sure they know what they are supposed to do.

Today, I gave instructions for a worksheet in English.  However, this time after I finished talking, I did not get the usual list of questions from the kids: "Ki koule Crayon?  Kisa nou bezwen fe, Miss Katie?" (What color Crayon?  What do we need to do, Miss Katie?)  They simply listened to my instructions in English and then immediately went to work...doing the correct thing!  I was so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...