Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Party at FHLIR

Before I flew to the states, Dorothy invited me over for the annual Faith Hope Love Infant Rescue Christmas Party!  All her staff worked extra hours to grocery shop, decorate the house, and cook their favorite Haitian foods.

When I arrived, the house was bustling!  Jesula and Rose were happily decorating the dinning room with streamers, signs, and balloons.  Richardson was helping them to blow up all the balloons.  I could tell they were very proud of their hard work!








Meanwhile in the kitchen, Admide, Elizianne, Sally, Leonne, and Lucianne were slaving away cooking our feast.  They made a HUGE pot of rice and beans, sauce, pikliz, beat salad, macaroni and cheese, and fried chicken.  When I arrived, they asked me to help.









Rosemanie loves to bake, and she is very good at it, too.  So, she worked hard to bake cakes and cupcakes.





Before it was time to eat, the nannies bathed all the kids and put nice clothes on them.  Everyone, adults included, was excited for the Christmas festivities!  We had a blast!









Although, some of the guests could not stay awake long enough for the party.



I feel truly blessed that I was able to be a part of the Christmas celebration at Dorothy's.  Although I technically do not live and work at FHLIR anymore, they are still like family to me and I cherish my time with all of them.  I am so thankful for the amazing people in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...