Friday, January 27, 2012

Progress


Lately, I've been so excited about the progress that I've seen in my students.  We are roughly halfway through the school year, and it is hard for me to believe how much my kindergarteners have learned.


I'm sure you remember me writing early on in the school year about some behavior issues.  After time, behavior management techniques, and just getting a better relationship with my students, they have come SO far.  Now, that's not to say we don't still struggle with behavior from time to time, I mean they are still kids after all.  However, in general my "trouble students" are doing great!



Aside from behavior, I've seen improvements in so many other ways as well.  The students know letter names and sounds for most of the alphabet, their handwriting has improved immensely, they can count, they are understanding lots of English, and even starting to speak a little English.  Their attention span is longer and they know the classroom routine.  Miss Katiana, my helper, has also been noticing all of the improvements in the students.  Since this is my first class, this is all very exciting for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...