Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sleepover!

This weekend, I invited Claudine and Rosa (two of my little girls from Dorothy's orphanage) over to my house for a sleepover.

When we got to my house, I asked the girls what they wanted to do.  The first thing out of their mouths was, "Manje!" which means, "eat!".  So, I made a little dinner for us (even though I knew perfectly well they had already eaten at Dorothy's with all the other kids).  After dinner, I showed them a surprise.  When I came back after Christmas in the states, I brought my old American Girl Doll from when I was a little girl.  When I was little, most girls my age picked out dolls that looked like them.  I, however, asked for Addy, the little black American Girl Doll.  That works out perfectly now considering that all "my kids" are black.

This is a picture of me with the doll when I was little.


And these are my girls with the same doll.



When I gave the doll to the girls, I explained that they can play with her any time they come over, but she has to stay at my house.  They were very excited and they played with her all night long.


Later that night, we got to Skype (video chat) with my family.


After the girls said hello to my parents, the first thing out of their mouthes was, "Where's Jake??"  If you have been following my blog, you will remember that Jake is the Haitian puppy that I rescued while living at Dorothy's house over a year ago.  The kids and nannies at Dorothy's often ask me how he is doing.

My mom was cooking dinner while we were skyping, and my dad felt the need to show us their pancakes, ha!



Before bed, the girls put on the pajamas and then we watched a movie on my computer until the girls started to get sleepy.




I made a little bed for them on the floor (since I know they still wet the bed occasionally).



I tucked them in and then laid down on my bed.  They were both restless, so I asked them if they wanted me to lay on the floor with them to help them fall asleep.  They responded, "wi!"


It was a little crowded in the space on the floor so I squeezed in between my bed and Rosa.  However, both girls wanted to hold my hands while they fell asleep.  I had to contort my body to be able to hold hands with both of them, but it didn't matter because it was a precious and priceless moment.  When they finally fell asleep, I crawled up into my own bed.


Around 5:45 AM, I heard their little voices giggling and saying, "Miss Katie!"  When I rolled over, they were both standing beside my bed starring at me.  I said, "Girls, go lay back down.  When you see the sun come up, then you can wake me up again."  That worked for about 20 more minutes until the sky started getting orange and the girls said, "Ok, Miss Katie!  We see the sun!  Can we wake up now?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...