Sunday, January 29, 2012

On My Bookshelf: Kisses from Katie



I thought it might be fun to occasionally share about the books that I'm reading.  Right now, I am so excited to be reading Kisses from Katie: A story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis.  (Thank you, Ang and Julia!!!)

I first heard about Katie Davis by stumbling across her blog (which I suggest you check out).  Her book, Kisses from Katie, is about her journey as a missionary in Uganda, Africa.  She moved to Uganda when she was only 18 years old.  She is now 22 years old and she is a mother to 14 adopted girls.

The book tells about her challenges, struggles, triumphs, and most importantly her love of God.  It has been particularly encouraging for me to be able to relate to many of the emotions that she writes about.  It is also encouraging for me to see how drastically God has used a young girl simply because she put all her trust and hope in Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...