Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Feeling better!

Hi all!  I am finally feeling better!  Thank you, God!

Last night, a guest, Brenda, arrived to stay with us for a week.  She is in "training" if Dorothy should ever need/want to go to the US for any reason.  She is sharing my room while she is here, and I felt awful that her first night here was while I was up sick all night.  EDH, city electricity, has been out again.  So, we had to sleep with no fans.  I still had a fever and upset stomach, so I did not get much sleep at all.  She ended up helping to take care of me.

In the morning, I was still feeling badly so I slept until around noon.  Then, I was finally able to keep some crackers down and get some of my energy back.  I was able to get up and moving enough to go to the grocery store with Kez, Brenda, and Dorothy.  I was very tired most of the day, but I was able to eat dinner with them.  Thank you, Lord.

I realized that I really missed my time with the kids the past two days since I had been in bed.  So, I held Rosa on my lap for a while.  The rest of the kids all went down for bed, but she was so content snuggled on my lap, that I held her until she fell asleep.  It was such a peaceful way to end the day.  I'm looking forward to a good night's rest, and I pray that tomorrow I will be good as new!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kate,

    Will continue to pray for your health. We've not had internet for 2 weeks. See, you don't have to live in Haiti to experience technical difficulties :-)

    Happy B-Day!

    Love,
    The Laubachs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...