Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Work, work, work..

Today, I helped walk the four kids to school down the road. Dorothy drove the three boys to school along with Lovensky, Myson, Se Jesula, and Se Malinya. They had to go to HIV clinic for most of the day. Luckily, the HIV clinic is just down the road from the boys' school. While she was gone, I worked on painting some more of the wall. One of the Haitian ladies that I met yesterday after the feeding program walked by. It was so nice; she got a big smile as we waved to each other. I love being able to meet neighbors and recognize people while I am out!

After painting for a couple hours, I tested out our new hoe in the garden. I worked for a while digging up the big rocks and trash. Hopefully soon, I will be able to plant some vegetables. Now would be a good time since it is rainy season. We get a thunderstorm just about everyday.

Around lunch time, Kez stopped by. We were able to sit down a talk/play with the kids for most of the afternoon. After she left, I carried a bunch of the big rocks from the garden to the road that runs along the house. I tried using them to fill in some of the big potholes, or should I say trenches, in the road. All the rain that we have been getting has just caused the roads to continue to get worse.

I have really been enjoying my time here, as you can probably already tell from my posts. Dorothy's ministry is really great, and it is hard to imagine how different these children would have ended up without her. With that being said, I'm not sure yet if it is what I am meant to do here long term. I think that God may be using this as more of a stepping stone to another ministry here in Haiti. But like I said, I'm not sure yet. I am praying about it, and as always I am open to wherever God may lead me after these three months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...