Monday, October 25, 2010

Stomach bug (NOT cholera)

Hey everyone!  I debated posting tonight for fear that everyone would worry.  PLEASE DO NOT WORRY. 

I don't have much to post tonight because I've been sick all day.  After eating some crackers for breakfast, I felt nauseous.  I thought perhaps it was a side effect of the anti malaria medication that I take every Monday, but, I ended up having diarrhea and vomiting for the majority of the day.  I repeat, PLEASE do not worry!  I am doing fine and starting to feel better already.  Kez (the nurse), Dorothy, and I all agree that it is not nearly severe enough to be cholera.  It is just the typical Haitian stomach bug that everyone gets at least once (if not multiple times) while living in Haiti.  I've been drinking Gatorade and resting all day.  Dorothy made sure that I took a large dose of antibiotics and Tylenol.  I know of several other people that have had the same thing this week, and they have gotten over it in about twenty four-hours. 

The kids have been sneaking into my room frequently hoping to play.  I keep telling them all, "Mwen malad.  I'm sick."  Claudine didn't believe me, and she and Johnny both insisted that they were sick, too.  Finally Dorothy intervened and kicked them all out of my room, ha! 

I expect to be back to my healthy self by tomorrow.  Prayers are appreciated!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...