Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frusterated...

Sometimes I wonder why God called me to live in such a frustrating place.  As I've said before, nothing is ever easy here.  I'll spare you all the complicated details of my day.  We had a schedule all set for all our appointments and everything that we had to do today, but basically everything changed first thing in the morning (long story, don't ask).  The children ended up late to school in the morning which meant that I could not get the puppy to the vet in time (they have bizarre hours).  Dorothy is still sick, so we could not take Tamara to the orthopedic doctor as planned.  So, Tamara was crying and miserable all day because her leg casts have gotten too tight on her little legs.  We are planning on taking her to the doctor's first thing in the morning tomorrow.

Since the puppy did not get to the vet, he was still vomiting and having diarrhea all day.  He is now very thin and very weak.  So, at the end of the day when our driver was finally finished running kids to appointments and school, I was able to use the truck to try and get the puppy to the vet's office in Petionville.  Unfortunately, it was 5PM and the vet closes at 6 PM.  With rush hour city traffic and crazy Haitian drivers, I did not make it to the vet in time.  Mich was with me in the truck holding the puppy.  When I told him we had to go home because it was too late, he looked at me with sad eyes and asked, "Now, what do we do for Jake, Miss Katie.?  What's gonna happen to him?"  I told him, "I don't know, Mich.  We take him home and we pray."  He promised me he would pray for him, too.

The kids are worried about Jake just like they would any other member of the family.  As wonderful as it is to see their concern and compassion for him, I hate that this has to happen.  I've been praying for him all day.  I found myself very frustrated after everything today seemed to go wrong.  Why should I expect to be able find a veterinarian here when we have trouble even finding doctors for our CHILDREN??  I love Haiti, and yet..I hate it.  Nothing is simple...nothing is easy.  So, we love and we pray because often that is all we can do.  I will continue praying through my frustration, praying for healing for Jake, our canine family member, and praying for all our precious children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...