Sunday, January 23, 2011

Surprise for Miss Katie

The highlight of my day today was Richardson bringing me a surprise.  I was in Dorothy's room sorting through baby clothes when Chacha walked into the room cupping something in his hands.  He looked quite proud of himself and had a huge smile on his face.  He said, "Miss Katie, I have a surprise for you!"  I replied, "Oh yeah?  What is it?"

He opened his hands up to reveal a VERY obviously dead mouse.  He shouted, "I caught a little baby mouse for you!"  I think my mouth dropped open when I saw what he had.  I didn't quite know what to say as I looked as the mouse with its mouth hanging open and his little legs sticking straight out.

Thankfully, Dorothy (who raised two boys of her own) jumped in and said, "Are you sure he's not dead.  I think he's dead, Chacha."  Richarson said, "No, he's not dead.  See!  His eyes are open!"  At that point I was desperately trying to hold in my laughter.

We explained to him that the mouse was dead and that he should take him back outside where he found him.  As soon as Chacha left the room, Dorothy and I burst out in laughter!  Oh, boys!  We never know what they are going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...