Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mesi, Bondye!

Mesi, Bondye! Thank you, God!  I'm sure you all know about the snow that is coming our way tonight into Wednesday morning.  I was scheduled to fly out of JFK in New York City on Wednesday morning. I've heard that they are calling for up to 12 inches of snow in New York.  That would mean that we would be driving to the airport in the midst of the snow storm.

Yesterday I called the airlines and they told me that because I purchased a non-refundable non-transferable ticket (stupid me!) I would be charged a $150 fee plus the cost difference of the new ticket.  So, it would have been at least $300-400 in addition to what I already paid for my ticket!  I was pretty frustrated to say the least!  For a missionary with basically no income that is quite a blow to the bank account!

My parents and I discussed our options and realized that the chance of the flight actually leaving as scheduled was very slim, the danger of driving in a snowstorm was very high, and the cost of a hotel room in New York City was about the same as just sucking it up and changing my flight ticket.

So, today with great anguish, I called the airlines for the third time, waited on hold for about 30 minutes, and then finally got to speak to someone.  I was prepared for the bad news, but............drum roll please..........they told me that I could change my flight for FREE!  Apparently because of the storm that is coming, they just started letting people change their ticket free of cost.  The only downfall is that I cannot leave until Monday morning, but considering the circumstances that is hardly a downfall in my mind.  Yet again, God has provided in a time of need.  Mesi, Bondye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...