Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reunited

Hey everyone!  I am finally back home in Haiti with my kids!  It seemed like I would never get here.  Last week I had to change my flight because of a snow storm.  This morning, I boarded the plane at 8:30 as scheduled, we pulled away from the gate, and then the pilot announced that there were some mechanical problems.  So, we ended up having to sit on the plane for 3 hours while they worked on fixing the problem. We didn't take off until noon.  We had a pretty rough landing in Port-au-Prince.  The woman sitting next to me started clapping and shouting "THANK YOU JESUS! THANK YOU JESUS!" when we finally stopped.  So, after all my traveling issues, I am finally safely in Haiti!

It was such an awesome feeling being back in Haiti with my other family.  It felt like I just picked up where I left off.  It truly felt like coming home.  When I got to the house, I basically ran around like a crazy person hugging and kissing babies, nannies, and kids left and right. I can't believe how much our babies have grown!!  When I went downstairs to see all the children ages 2 and up, they all stopped and starred for a few seconds.  I could tell they were thinking, "Is that really Miss Katie?!"  Within seconds I could see their faces light up as they realized it really was me.  They all started calling my name, jumping up and down, reaching up to be held, and clinging to any part of me that they could get.  It was priceless.  I missed them so much, and I could tell that they had missed me, too.

After I was able to pull myself away from the mob of happy children, the "gang" (Rosa, Claudine, Johnny, Mich, and Richardson) and I went upstairs to continue our "love fest".  I was jumped on, climbed on, dog piled, kissed, and hugged until I was physically exhausted.  I had my own little parade of children following me around the house until it was time for bed.  Talk about feeling loved!

I am so incredibly happy to be back to our crazy house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...