Saturday, January 22, 2011

Moving day

Dorothy and I have been discussing some changes for the organization of our house.  Today, we decided to move the babies out of the "baby room" and into one of the rooms downstairs.  The plan is for me to eventually move into the bedroom that the babies were in.  It is larger than my current room and it has its own bathroom.  I won't complain one bit about that!

The room that I am in currently, is too small.  Also, since I have no bathroom, I have to share with the nannies and children.  I'm fine with the current set up, but it should will be nice to have more space and privacy!  With a larger room, I will be able to get a desk for school planning.  My new room has shelves where I will be able to keep school supplies and children's books.  Another reason that we want to reorganize is so that we will have more space for a few guests to be able to stay at a time.

This big "move" means there is much work to be done on my part.  I need to sort all of the baby clothes, toys, sheets, blankets, etc and find a new location for them.  Then, the "baby room" aka my new bedroom and the bathroom need to be cleaned, and repainted.  After I move all my things out of my current room, then it will also need to be cleaned and painted.

We started this project today by moving cribs out of rooms and up and down the stairs in to new places.  Then, Dorothy and I took apart an iron bunk-bed, scrubbed it, and carried the pieces downstairs.  After we got it downstairs, we had a really difficult time getting it back together because the iron pieces did not want to fit together correctly.  So, I ended up walking across the street and asking our Haitian neighbor man to come help us.  Thankfully, he agreed and with his help we were able to get the bed put together.  Rosa and Claudine are getting bigger so they will be sleeping on the new bunk.

Now, you have to realize that none of that was as simple to do as it sounds in theory.  You have to factor in the fact that we had three dogs (one of them a Great Dane) at our heels following our every move.  Also, we had a herd of small children constantly in the way, trying to help, and asking questions about everything that we did.  In addition, we were working in a cramped space in a stuffy room.  The only easy way to describe this house is that is is a ZOO!  Luckily, I have a sense of humor, ha!

I'm incredibly thankful that soon I will have a nicer bedroom and a bathroom!  God is good!

Below are some photos from this past week.  There have been lots of changes since I was here in December:

Rose Mitchel is getting bigger and stronger each day.  Soon she will be able to crawl.  She is almost a year old, but has AIDS and was very malnourished.

Richardson loves the new toys!  Thank you Haines family!




Claudine and Rosa enjoy playing with the toy food.

Rosa wearing her backpack full of play food.

Chacha and Mich with their new hockey sticks!

Jesula had her baby at 12 AM on January 21st.  This is him!  He is healthy and weighs 7 pounds.  He doesn't have a name yet, haha.

Jesula's baby.  She had to have a C section.
Francesca is up to 11 pounds now!

Tamara has casts on both legs in a hope that it will help to straighten them.

Johnny loving his new drum.

My puppy, Jake, that I rescued in December.  He is much bigger.  His fur has grown back, his fleas, ticks, mites, and lice are gone.  His leg/paw is healed and he doesn't have worms anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...