Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bedtime Routine

Bedtime Bible story and prayer have become a part of my new nighttime routine with the kids. Before sending them downstairs for the night, they all pile on my little twin bed while I read them a Bible story (in English). It can be difficult to get the younger kids' attention because they cannot understand it yet. I'm hoping that they will eventually start picking up on some English.

After the story is finished, we all take turns saying a prayer. Usually, the kids prayers are something like this: Thank you Jesus for Miss Katie, Mama Dorothy, Claudine, Ser Lucianne, Ser Rose, Ser Eva, Ser Leonne, Ser Gladys, and so on. Once in a while, they expand a little bit. The day after I spent the night at my friend Kez's house, Claudine prayed this: “Thank you Jesus that Miss Katie came back after she went to Kez's house because Rosa cried after Miss Katie left, but I didn't cry.”

The part about bedtime prayer that cracks me up is the tattling that takes place after we are finished. Tonight as soon as we ended, Mich said very seriously, “Miss Katie! Chacha was NOT keeping his eyes closed while we were praying...I saw him open his eyes!”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...